Wednesday, April 15, 2015

H C Verma solutions, Introduction to Physics, Objective-II, Chapter-1, Concepts of Physics, Part-I

Introduction to Physics

OBJECTIVE - II


1. The dimensions ML⁻¹T⁻² may correspond to

(a) work done by a force

(b) linear momentum

(c) pressure

(d) energy per unit volume.         


ANSWER: (c), (d).            


EXPLANATION: Work done and energy have the same unit and are given as Force*distance = [MLT⁻²][L] = [ML²T⁻²]. Hence, option (a) is not correct. 


Linear momentum = mass*velocity =[M][LT⁻¹] =[MLT⁻¹]. Hence, option (b) is not correct.


Pressure = Force/Area = [MLT⁻²]/[L²] =[ML⁻¹T⁻²]. So the option (c) is correct.

Energy per unit volume = Energy/volume =[ML²T⁻²]/L³ =[ML⁻¹T⁻²]. So the option (d) is correct.




2. Choose the correct statement(s): 

(a) A dimensionally correct equation may be correct.

(b) A dimensionally correct equation may be incorrect. 

(c) A dimensionally incorrect equation may be correct.     

(d) A dimensionally incorrect equation may be incorrect. 


ANSWER: (a), (b), (d).            


EXPLANATION: A dimensionally correct equation may or may not be correct. Hence, options (a) and (b) are correct.

      A correct equation must be dimensionally correct too. Hence, a dimensionally incorrect equation will not be correct. Option (c) is wrong, and option (d) is true.     




3. Choose the correct statements:

(a) All quantities may be represented dimensionally in terms of the base quantities.

(b) A base quantity cannot be represented dimensionally in terms of the rest of the base quantities.

(c) The dimension of a base quantity in other base quantities is always zero.

(d) The dimension of a derived quantity is never zero in any base quantity.         


ANSWER: (a), (b), (c).            


EXPLANATION: All other quantities are derived quantities. Hence, they may be represented in terms of the base quantities. Option (a) is correct.

      Each base quantity is independent of other base quantities. Hence, none of the base quantities can be represented dimensionally in terms of other base quantities. Due to this, the dimension of a base quantity in other base quantities is always zero. Options (b) and (c) are correct. 

         The dimensions of a derived quantity may be zero in any base quantity. For example, 'velocity' has zero dimensions in mass [M]. The frequency has zero dimensions in mass [M] and length [L]. Hence, option (d) is incorrect.  

--------------------------------------------------------------




Click here for all links → kktutor.blogspot.com 





===<<<O>>>===


My Channel on YouTube  →  SimplePhysics with KK


Links to the Chapters





Links to Chapters:-

CHAPTER-1 - Introduction to Physics

Questions for Short Answers

OBJECTIVE - I 

OBJECTIVE - II

EXERCISES (1-10)

EXERCISES (11-19)

CHAPTER-2 - Physics, and Mathematics

Questions for Short Answers

Objective - I

Objective - II

Exercises (1 - 19)

Exercises (20 - 35)

CHAPTER-3 - Kinematics - Rest and Motion

Questions for Short Answers

Objective - I

Objective - II

Exercises - Q 1 to Q 10

Exercises - Q 11 to Q 20

Exercises - Q 21 to Q 30

Exercises - Q 31 to Q 40

Exercises - Q 41 to Q 52

Shop online at -- AMAZON

Shop online at -- FLIPKART

CHAPTER-4 - The Forces

Questions for Short Answers

Objective - I

Objective - II

Exercises

CHAPTER-5 - Newton's Laws of Motion

Questions for Short Answers

Objective - I

Objective - II

Exercises - Q 1 to Q 12

Exercises - Q 13 to Q 27

Exercises - Q 28 to Q 42


Shop online at -- AMAZON


iPhone 17 Pro 512 GB: 15.93 cm (6.3″) Display with Promotion up to 120Hz, A19 Pro Chip



CHAPTER-6 - Friction

Questions for Short Answers

Objective - I

Objective - II

Exercises - Q 1 to Q 10

Exercises - Q 11 to Q 20

Exercises - Q 21 to Q 31

CHAPTER-7 - Circular Motion

Questions for Short Answers

Objective - I

Objective - II

Exercises - Q 1 to Q 10

Exercises - Q 11 to Q 20

Exercises - Q 21 to Q 30

CHAPTER-8 - Work and Energy

Questions for Short Answers

Objective - I

Objective - II

Exercises - Q 1 to Q 10

Exercises - Q 11 to Q 20

Exercises - Q 21 to Q 30

Exercises - Q 31 to Q 42

Exercises - Q 43 to Q 54

Exercises - Q 55 to Q 64


Shop online at -- AMAZON


Shop online at -- FLIPKART


CHAPTER- 9 - Center of Mass, Linear Momentum, Collision

Questions for Short Answers

Objective - I

Objective - II

EXERCISES Q-1 TO Q-10

EXERCISES Q-11 TO Q-20

EXERCISES Q-21 TO Q-30

EXERCISES Q-31 TO Q-42

EXERCISES Q-43 TO Q-54

EXERCISES Q-55 TO Q-64

CHAPTER- 10 - Rotational Mechanics

Questions for Short Answers

OBJECTIVE - I

OBJECTIVE - II

EXERCISES Q-01 TO Q-15

EXERCISES Q-16 TO Q-30

EXERCISES Q-31 TO Q-45

EXERCISES Q-46 TO Q-60

EXERCISES Q-61 TO Q-75

EXERCISES Q-76 TO Q-86


Shop online at -- AMAZON


Shop online at -- FLIPKART


CHAPTER- 11 - Gravitation


Questions for Short Answers

OBJECTIVE - I


OBJECTIVE - II

EXERCISES Q-01 TO Q-10

EXERCISES Q-11 TO Q-20

EXERCISES Q-21 TO Q-30

EXERCISES Q-31 TO Q-39 (With Extra 40th problem)

CHAPTER- 12 - Simple Harmonic Motion 


Questions for Short Answers 


OBJECTIVE - I

OBJECTIVE-II

EXERCISES - Q-1 TO Q-10

EXERCISES - Q-11 TO Q-20

EXERCISES - Q-21 TO Q-30

EXERCISES - Q-31 TO Q-40

EXERCISES - Q-41 TO Q-50

EXERCISES - Q-51 TO Q-58 with EXTRA QUESTIONS Q-59 and Q-60 


CHAPTER- 13 - Fluid Mechanics 


Questions for Short Answers

OBJECTIVE-I

OBJECTIVE-II

EXERCISES - Q-1 TO Q-10

EXERCISES - Q-11 TO Q-20

EXERCISES - Q-21 TO Q-30

EXERCISES - Q-31 TO Q-35



Shop online at -- AMAZON


Shop online at -- FLIPKART


CHAPTER- 14 - Some Mechanical Properties of Matter 


Questions for Short Answers

OBJECTIVE-I

OBJECTIVE-II

EXERCISES - Q-1 TO Q-10

EXERCISES - Q -11 TO Q -20

EXERCISES - Q -21 TO Q -32

CHAPTER- 15 - Wave Motion and Waves on a String

Questions for Short Answers

OBJECTIVE-I

OBJECTIVE-II

EXERCISES - Q-1 TO Q-10

EXERCISES - Q-11 TO Q-20

EXERCISES - Q-21 TO Q-30

EXERCISES - Q-31 TO Q-40

EXERCISES - Q-41 TO Q-50

EXERCISES - Q-51 TO Q-57

CHAPTER- 16 - Sound Waves

Questions for Short Answers

OBJECTIVE-I

OBJECTIVE-II

EXERCISES - Q-1 TO Q-10

EXERCISES - Q-11 TO Q-20

EXERCISES - Q-21 TO Q-30

EXERCISES - Q-31 TO Q-40

EXERCISES - Q-41 TO Q-50

EXERCISES - Q-51 TO Q-60


EXERCISES - Q-61 TO Q-70 

EXERCISES - Q-71 TO Q-80

EXERCISES - Q-81 TO Q-89

Shop online at -- AMAZON


Shop online at -- FLIPKART


CHAPTER- 17 - Light Waves


CHAPTER- 18 - Geometrical Optics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shop online at -- AMAZON


Shop online at -- FLIPKART

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Part-II

Solutions - "Concepts of Physics" Part-II, by H C Verma

CHAPTER- 23 - Heat and Temperature

Questions for Short Answer

OBJECTIVE - I

OBJECTIVE - II

EXERCISES - Q-1 TO Q-10

EXERCISES - Q-11 TO Q-20

EXERCISES - Q-21 TO Q-34


CHAPTER- 24 - Kinetic Theory of Gases

Questions for Short Answer

OBJECTIVE - I

OBJECTIVE - II

EXERCISES - Q1 to Q10

EXERCISES - Q-11 to Q-20

EXERCISES - Q-21 to Q-30



EXERCISES - Q-31 to Q-40

EXERCISES - Q-41 to Q-50

EXERCISES - Q-51 to Q-62




CHAPTER- 25 - Calorimetry

Questions for Short Answer

OBJECTIVE - I

OBJECTIVE - II

EXERCISES - Q-1 to Q-10

EXERCISES - Q11 to Q-18 




CHAPTER- 26 - Laws of Thermodynamics

Questions for Short Answer

OBJECTIVE - I

OBJECTIVE - II

EXERCISES - Q-1 to Q-10

EXERCISES - Q-11 to Q-22




CHAPTER- 27 - Specific Heat Capacities of Gases

Questions for Short Answer

OBJECTIVE - I

OBJECTIVE - II

EXERCISES - Q-1 to Q-10 




CHAPTER- 28 - Heat Transfer


Questions for Short Answer

OBJECTIVE - I

OBJECTIVE - II

EXERCISES - Q-1 to Q-10











  

















    



























































































 





































































=====================================




===<<<O>>>===   

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sir!
    First of all I cant thank you enough for this amazing blog that you have created ! It is really of great help. The way you have explained everything is topnotch.

    Sir I wanted to know
    why option (d) in 2nd Q. Should not it be 'always incorrect' instead of 'maybe incorrect'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you student for your appreciations
      Your suggestion is correct but the option in the book is not so. It should have been "always incorrect".

      Delete